 |
| Mover supervision |
I realize it has been some time since my last post. Still working out the kinks of setting up house. Still unpacking boxes. So many boxes. So much stuff. Stuff, I really don't need.
The movers set up all the furniture, which was so great. The beds were all set up and mattresses placed by the time bedtime rolled around. Except for the boys who had no beds and spent the next two weeks on their mattresses on the floor (they didn't seem to mind all that much)
I'm still trying to figure out the best placement for everything. The best spot for the dishes, and the beds, and the couch, and the dressers. I won't leave the rooms alone until everything "feels" right. I keep sliding stuff an inch to the left then to the right.
The cat doesn't have that problem. She has found her spot, and every morning I know exactly where she will be. In the sun on the stairs. she makes it look so easy. I think I need to lighten up.
 |
| every single morning she sleeps here. |
We had no kitchen table until last week, and we ate in various places around the house or outside. The kids loved eating outside until it got too hot, and we were all soaked in sweat within about 2 minutes.
 |
Popsicles every afternoon to help cope with the heat!
|
 |
| waiting for food, sipping sweet tea on a "cooler" afternoon. |
We are starting to find some neat pockets of the city that are not so mainstream. We really enjoy this little place to eat that is down by the Vanderbilt University. It's not fancy it's benches and beer and homemade chicken fingers and fries, and it is awesome. If you've managed to still have room somewhere in your stomach when your basket is clean, there is free cups of ice cream. It's not fancy ice cream, and the cups are small but the kids love it! (and so does Russell). Little things like this, are helping to make Nashville feel a little more like home.
 |
| Ice Cream! |
I can now drive around without getting totally lost. I know where the school is, my house, and about 5 grocery stores. I know where Russell works, and I can successfully get there and back in a reasonable amount of time.
I'm still working on getting acquainted with the city, and we are becoming friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment